skip to content

Student wellbeing


The vast majority of courses at Cambridge will require you to be a member of a Cambridge College. Your College is responsible for your pastoral (aka tutorial) support, regardless of whether you are an undergraduate or a graduate student.

Pastoral support for students is an essential component of collegiate life. It is delivered in different ways across the Colleges but your College is likely to have a number of people undertaking pastoral or welfare roles, such as a Senior Tutor, Tutors (or an equivalent role), Tutorial Office staff, College Nurse, Chaplain, and student JCR/MCR Welfare Officers. Some Colleges also have a College Counsellor and/or a Mental Health Advisor.