skip to content

Student Wellbeing


You can find general information about what you’d need to do if you plan to travel abroad and cover your healthcare on the NHS website.

Please also visit the section about the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), a card which allows EU citizens to access healthcare in other European Economic Area countries and in Switzerland.

The University also offers advice to specific groups of students planning to work or study outside Cambridge or who may need occupational health advice as part of their course. 

For graduate research students planning to work away from the University, please visit

For undergraduate students on the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (AMES) planning their third year abroad, information is available at

Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages (MML) planning their year abroad, please visit