skip to content


If you have symptoms of coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you think have developed the characteristic symptoms of Covid-19 (i.e. a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, however mild) you should:

  1. Access and follow the advice of your county's relevant health authority. In the UK, this is the NHS, who can provide up-to-date guidance through their online 111 service.
  2. If you are in Cambridge, remain your room and notify your College's porters' lodge by phone. Your College will then be able to support you during your illness.

Looking after your mental health

Key resources

The NHS, through their Every Mind Matters campaign, have created the following pages to help you maintain your mental wellbeing during the Covid-19 outbreak:

In addition, Student Minds, the national student mental health strategy, have created a comprehensive set of resources specifically to support students through this emergency.

The UK Government have released detailed guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19).


Online support through Qwell

Adults who live in Cambridge are eligible to sign-up for a free account with Qwell, an online counselling and wellbeing platform. Quell provides:

  • Chat-based counselling
  • Peer support
  • Self-help resources
  • Articles and posts from experts and users

The Qwell service is requires no referral, and is free and available all day, everyday. Counsellors are online and available between 12pm and 10pm on weekdays and between 6pm and 10pm on weekends.


Further sources of support

Specific guidance and resources about maintaining good mental health during the Covid-19 outbreak are available from the following:

For students working in healthcare

Students who are currently working or volunteering in health services across the globe, or who have graduated early from the Clinical School to work as doctors, can refer to the following resources:

Specific issues or circumstances

For guidance on what you should do in specific circumstances not covered here, or for general pastoral support, you should contact your College in the first instance.

The Student Advice Service also remains available to provide free, confidential and independent support.